Saturday, December 7, 2013

so, i had this dream

I do not qualify my dreams as "dreams" vs. "nightmares", the truth be told both seem about the same to me, especially when i realize i am "in" the dream.  =)

i quit.  i quit everything.  i turned off my computer.  the next thing I knew I was looking down at one of those cel phones that can only make and receive phone calls, not even a text message; there was a tv in every room, they were all on 24-7, and I had a Volvo in the driveway, my daughter was asking me for the keys and my house looked like a Pottery Barn store.

and, i've done that before.  turned off the computer.  for years at a time, i have.  what i find interesting, is that life on the computer is just like life off the computer.  you can go away, those who are still your friends are always there, and thanks for spam mail to keep the latent mail boxes working after so many years.  maybe that's why i started that new blog on the eve of my choice to turn it all off again.

i looked at the volvo in the driveway while simultaneously listening to the 4 tvs I could hear tuned into their respective morning q's:   KTLA morning news, Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, The Price is Right, and some idiot on Fox reminding ME, of all people, that our government needs to change.

so, you choose, a prison with a yard or a jail that's constantly as cold as a house where the heater doesn't work.

and then you wake up and its all really just a game.  at least for most people, and when you are not a game player like that, you just are better off not playing at all.  so, that means, things need to change, except that which can't because how the fuck can you have any privacy on a place like this ... not even my accounts can be protected so that only me and the KNOWN watchers like the #NSA, #DHS, #FBI, #PSPD, #SHERIFFSNIFF, etc., are playing.  I just really want to know how someone can follow MY tweets when I did not approve them (besides, the #NowGenerallyAcceptedGovernmentVoyeurs)?  I mean, maybe I approved him by accident because I didn't, unless in a moment of indiscretion or oversight or I've completely forgotten the reality upon which I would have accepted his following my private twitter wtf?!) ... I do know that you have to CLOSELY watch those mobile app authorization things and I often get lost when that happens or someone who borrows my Tablet ... etc., etc., etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment