Monday, December 26, 2016

Holidaze

As I sit here on my bed in the hospital, I'm enjoying all the pictures from my friends from the family gatherings over the Christmas holiday. The best are the pictures by the trees.

I stopped decorating for the holidays a few years ago for many reasons, mostly based on the flash, over-the-top consumerism that invades our society at Christmas and the fact we always went home to the family's home for the holidays.

As I look at other's photos, what I do appreciate is that box of decorations I have that stays unopened, sitting now in my garage. In this friend's picture on Instagram, I see THAT tree, well almost, which I decorated in one style, then in another's photo, another year's tree I decorated in that other style, etc. I loved choosing and decorating Christmas trees. So, today I'm thinking, maybe if I survive after this hospital visit, I'll be lucky enough to become a grandma and will do that Christmas thing, minus that consumer crap, again. Christmas is beautiful, even if it's soooooo over done.

No comments:

Post a Comment